Friday, March 27, 2009

Update March 27

Have not been working on the layout, because next weekend I am taking modules to a local hobby show. The WRS started when I setup some of my modules to create the layout. The modules I am taking, have not been unboxed for three years. After the last operating session, it was time to take a look at them to see what work is needed for them to shown again. Time was not kind to them.

One of the major issues was the way which I installed ground foam. Instead of using paint, I used carpenter's glue. It bound the ground foam to the modules, but it did not bond well to the plaster. So I end up a thin hard shell of ground foam & glue, which in time cracked . So I had to redo many areas.

Also, since there was a gap between the two modules while they were being stored under the layout, a few things fell into the gap damaging the plaster work on the modules.

So hopefully in the next week, I will have the work complete. Then I have to start looking for all the items I need to pack to do a show.

What did I do with that List, I once had.

later

Doug

4 comments:

Scott Jay said...

O Ooooo! Doug's back into the "bringing modules to shows" game again! Are you going to rent a van this time or are you really only limiting it to 2 or 3 modules? Ha!

There once was a time when Doug would bring over half the modules required for a UMG layout!

Scott

Anonymous said...

There is always work to do when you have a layout or modules. Hope to see the fruits of your work next weekend

Doug Whitman said...

Scott

Three modules, two 45 degree corners and 1 four foot mini yard.

No more renting of vans.

Glen, yes there is always work in keeping them up. See you next weekend.

Doug

Wayne Woodland said...

Hey Doug - hopefully the modules will be "show ready " for Friday. See you then...

Wayne W