Monday, November 4, 2013

Nov 3rd Ops Session

WRS rolled again.  It was an interesting Ops Session.  The Ops Plan is for five Operators plus myself, if I have only four coming, I can do my usual work and run the Mainline Trains.  But this session with two operators having to withdraw, we were down to four including me.  Normally I would have staged the Trains in the North Yard and operated the four jobs, Mainline, North Peddler, South Peddler and Mill Job.  But with the withdraws happening just before the session, this was not an option.

Barry operated the North Yard as normal. Glen was in charge of the Mill Operations. I headed out with Train 101 and Pierre followed me with Train 201.  After departing Roseton with Train 101, I parked it on the mainline, and headed to the South Yard for Train 202.  This is when the "fun" began.

After arriving at Dogwood with Train 202, I did the first of the moves as Pierre was holding behind Train 101.  Once I picked up the cars to be setout for Train 101 at Dogwood, I parked Train 202 and took over Train 101 to complete the run to the South Yard.  Pierre followed behind with Train 201.
Once we arrived at the South Yard, I returned to Dogwood to finish the run of Train 202 and Pierre departed the South Yard with Train 204.  It did not take long and Train 202 and Train 204 were both at Roseton switching.  This continued until we both arrived at the North Yard.  Pierre left with Train 203 and I went to the South yard to run MEC Transfer to the Mill.  Glen was busy at the Mill all day.  This was the first time Glen had operated the Mill since all the changes had happened.
Pierre finished Train 203 and then headed North with Train 206 and I departed the North Yard with Train 205 plus five cars from Train 103 for Train 206.  Pierre ran the last train of the day, Train 103 to Dogwood and Mill.

It was a busy day, all the cars were delivered and I even did a some switching.  We had fun.

Until next time

Doug

1 comment:

Glen said...

Hi Doug: It was a good session even with the reduced number of operators. The mill job is always a challenge Glen