Monday, May 7, 2012

MFMR Convention

The Convention will be held June 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Halifax, almost my backyard.  For more info see http://halifaxmodeltrains.ca/

 My orginal plan was to host an Ops Session on the WRS on Friday night for people who are from out of town, but a few things have came up.  The control system used on the WRS is also used on the NBR&N On30 layout.  My plan was to use a Zephyr to set up the layout on Friday Night and then install my Chief system on Saturday morning but with the issues at Shearwater, I had to dig my Booster out of hiding to provide more power to operate all those sound units.  So I am going to need more time then just an hour on Saturday morning to set up for the first time on NBR&N Layout, you know what happens when you pushes one's luck. 

The WRS will be open on Sunday for visitors, who wish to stop in and see the Railroad.  I will have a few trains staged so you can do a little switching on the layout.  I will be running the trains as Locals instead of Main Line trains with Switchers doing the local work.  You will have the Choice of following jobs to pick from:  Paper Mill, Dogwood/Greenfield, Roseton/Whiskey Falls and Riverside/Bartown.

For anyone does not know where WRS is located, see me at the Convention and I will give you directions.

At present the WRS will not appear on the Convention Layout Tour List.

Hope to see you all at the Convention.

Doug

1 comment:

Steve Mc said...

I am looking forward to stopping by during the convention!

Steve