Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Power Shortage on WRS

Yes, it can happen....

When I when downstairs to do one final check before the operating session, two of my S-4 quit working. I did not have time to spend finding what was causing the problem. So I had to dig out two old Athearn switchers that I had chipped for the Kids Layout.

Ok now I have power for the operating session. But when the RS11 was backed into the Yard to pick up the ten car train for Roseton, it just set there and spinned its wheels. So it had to be replaced with the GP9. Since the plan was for the WRS to be an Alco equipped Railroad, the use of the RS11 will have to be looked at.

So I will now have to spend time on getting the WRS Alco fleet back on the road.

later

Doug

2 comments:

Scott Jay said...

Ugh! Murphy's law?

Doug Whitman said...

Yes Mr Murphy did visit. It also points out that if you are hosting operating sessions, you need to have spare locos.

Doug