Sunday, February 3, 2008

Track - were does it go.

The track gang has replaced the crossing in the Mill, (see below). Now the Shipping Warehouse and Spots 2 & 3, can be serviced. Spot 1 had to be moved due to length of track after the crossing was not as long as planned. Did not want to put the switch for the Receiving Warehouse on the joint between the two modules, which shorten the distance between the crossover and the track to hosting Spots 4 & 5.


When I started the addition to the layout, I had three or four lengths of new track and when I made a trip to Moncton, I picked up another twenty five lengths. So with this new track and the track I would recover from the old yard, I should have enough to do the work. To finish the Mill, I had to solder together a few shorter pieces of track to get the job done.

Now to finish the Interchange Tracks, I had to make another trip to the Hobby Shop yesterday for another ten lengths. Hopefully this will be the end of track laying for a while.

later

Doug

No comments: