Monday, November 17, 2008

Another weekend , another Train Show

The weekend and another train show, this time in Dartmouth. With two of WRS operators, Wayne and David, were doing their first UMG Show, and I was asked to assist. ( little do they know) So I showed up on Friday night to help setup. After getting home, I went down to the basement and dugout one of my old modules. Saturday morning, I was back at the Show, setting up my module to allow for the storage of rolling stock on the layout. Sunday, it was back to the Show again.

During the weekend many of the WRS operators came by to the visit the layout at the Show and view the handy work of David and Wayne with their new modules.

The layout provided a few interesting switching issues with three industries facing in one direction and the fourth in the other. A second switcher was put into services, since there was no run around track. At times both switchers were required to move a car from one industry to another, if a run around move was required. To improve the operation a RDC was added to the mix.

I did get to doing a little switching on the layout during the weekend.



The RDC on my module.


Shot down the length of modules. Wayne at the controls.

My fellow operators, Wayne, David, Ric and Zack discussing something.
Later
Doug


3 comments:

Wayne Woodland said...

Yes it indeed was a success.We couldnt have done it with out you Doug.Thanks again.

Wayne

Scott Jay said...

Nice to have you back in the fold (more or less). But other than for set up and tear down you've never really been far away.

It looks like everyone had a great time! Did you see the photos Wayne posted on the UMG Blog

TheUMG.wordpress.com

Doug Whitman said...

Wayne,it was my pleasure.

Yes, I did see Wayne's pictures. Waiting on Ric's and David's. I think we spend more time on Sunday taking pictures, then operating :-)

Doug