Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Canadisle Rail

The first layout what we visited on the PEI road trip was Derwin's Canadisle Rail.





Our host is the man in Red, with Scott and Bruce in the back ground discussing Derwin's collection of locomotive power.


This is Main Street in Ashtown. One of the two major towns on the layout, the other is Shellville.


Doug is checking out the RDC, which he was operating, that as stopped at the Farm. The Yard is in front with the Engine servicing area to bottom right.





This is a shot from the top of the layout with Ashtown on the left and Shellville on the right.

After a quick viewing of the layout, Bruce, as usual, headed for the Yard to do a little switching. Doug spotted a RDC parked on a siding and had Derwin clear off the cob webs and put it into service. Scott and I took the two Locals. I headed for Shellville and Scott left for Ashtown. After doing my switching duties in Shellville and keeping the mainline cleared for the RDC, I headed to the sidings at Ashtown. After Scott finished his work in Ashtown and headed to Shellville and the RDC cleared the mainline again, I started my duties in Ashtown. Both of Derwin's towns/areas, have many industries/locations for spotting cars, which will keep the crews very busy.

Once I finished my switching duties in Ashtown, it was time to return to the Yard. After dropping my cars on the siding, Bruce placed the cars in the Yard Tracks to be sorted later.

Then it was time for a few photos of the layout and head out.

Thanks Derwin for the Operating Session.

Doug

2 comments:

Scott Jay said...

Ha ha! Look at the silly guy in red! (remember, I'm wearing red too!)

We had fun!

Doug Whitman said...

There is RED and near red :-)